SWORD API Installation Instructions
Installing from Pre-compiled Packages
- The first place to check is here: SWORD API software, to see if we have pre-compiled packages for
your Linux distro. If we do, this is the easiest way to install the SWORD API. Simply download the package file and install it using your ditro's
Installing from Source
- Download the latest SWORD API source code.
- Save the source code tarball in a directory you will remember, i.e. your $HOME directory.
- Untar and Unzip the file by issuing the following command:
- A directory named sword-<version> will be created. Change into this directory.
- Read the README and INSTALL files in the top directory for complete build and installation information.
- For a quick start:
vi Makefile.cfg # make sure all user defined options are correct.