[xiphos-devel] 4.2.0 tagged and pushed

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Sat May 2 07:40:10 MST 2020

I've made an update to the release notes and then tagged/pushed 4.2.0.

At this point, I think a proper update to
https://github.com/crosswire/xiphos/releases should be made, but I'm at
a bit of a loss.  It shows a 4.2.0 now, though not labeled as latest
release, and I'm not clear on how I got about, say, pasting in some
words about the release (typically the top paragraph or so from release
notes, I don't think I want to bother enumerating the issues list) and
referencing a set of files.

Clue us all in one more time, please?  What's where, now that tag/push
is done?  Do we simply draft the new release as usual, to go somehow on
top of the now-present 4.2.0 tag?  And where will the auto-build
machinery have left relevant files to reference?  Also, there's a tag
4.1.0.1 that was probably from testing -- can that be removed entirely now?

I know, I'm just a mass of questions, but I've not lived in github
nearly as deeply as many of you.