[xiphos-devel] release this weekend?

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Fri May 1 08:16:47 MST 2020

I know of nothing to hinder us.

1) Yes, that PR is ready to go
2) I just added a second PR to move us to using the pre-built Fedora
MinGW-Biblesync package

Making a release, after the PR is in, from your local system is:
# Only if you're not on the HEAD of master locally
git co master
git pull
# actual release
git tag 4.2.0
git push origin 4.2.0

After the build is done, if you want to go in and edit release notes, etc,
you're welcome to do that. But the automation will build *.exe, *.rpm,
*.deb, *.tar.{gz,xz}, create the release, and add all those to the release
commit. After that, you can add release information if you'd like.

--Greg