[tyndale-devel] Crosswire bookmarks and initial sketch of user login

Chris Burrell chris at burrell.me.uk
Tue Mar 22 15:26:20 MST 2011

Sounds good.

I think we might want to make a distinction with offline and not-logged in!
For example you can be

online, have an account and be logged in
online, have an account but not be logged in
online, not have an account
offline (using the offline version). The same paradigm is currently in place
(i.e. you can be logged in or not logged in offline)

On the latter, part of me wants to ensure people are always logged in when
they are using the "offline desktop" version. However meaning they can login
means they can have different "profiles", which is an added bonus we get for
free. Perhaps we can strike a middle ground and have the offline version log
them on as a "default" user. The default user is disabled by default on the
online version. They can "register" new users for new profiles...

This could be useful in places other than home - e.g. a shared computer in a
computer centre where users don't have the same account... or if people want
to be able to share data on the same computer/network, but have different
identities.

Chris