[sword-devel] Correction for KJV module in 2 Corinthians 1:8

David Haslam dfhdfh at protonmail.com
Mon Jan 16 11:23:30 EST 2023

Seriously, what practical use are you proposing to make of the transcribed WikiSource text?
It’s far from being fully proofread and validated, as only a cursory inspection readily indicates.

And yes - it remains the case that the text of the KJV is protected by Royal Letters Patent within the United Kingdom, and that in principle, this copyright assertion should be upheld by subsequent mutual treaties in those nations that were signatories of the Berne Convention.

I’ve even discussed this matter with a friend who has worked for many years in the Bible Society (formerly known as the British and Foreign Bible Society).

That digital versions of the KJV exist on numerous websites and through a large variety of Bible software applications doesn’t negate that.

David

Sent from Proton Mail for iOS