[sword-devel] Correction for KJV module in 2 Corinthians 1:8

Michael H cmahte at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 08:58:18 EST 2023

> If necessary, it should be hosted in-house under git.crosswire.org *such
> that only CrossWire volunteers have access.*

I've never understood this "hide the source" mentality. It makes no sense,
and seems to compromise the integrity of what crosswire bible society
stands for. The founder and most participants have spent their time and
energy seeking to make scripture in all forms available in all ways without
cost. It simply doesn't fit the ethic to keep the source hidden. Protect it
from vandalism of course. but prevent access to scripture? I just don't get
the reason why.

And I'm pointing this out in this thread that is discussing the slow pace
of change on this 'hidden source' and the continuing existence of bugs in
this source for a reason. Possibly the direct cause of the slow pace of
change and continuing existence of bugs is exactly this reason. That is,
the reason WHY bugs remain is that the source isn't in the light to be
examined and corrected.