[sword-devel] Qetiv/Kere in output ?

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Fri May 6 06:16:43 EDT 2022

Hi,

To the best of my knowledge this has not been implemented in the engine but should be easy to get done.

If you describe to me how this should ideally look would be very helpful. I do remember staring at this pack of implementation a few times and then moving on as I had other things to do and did not know what to do in the first place.

To give you some background: the engine translates the OSIS xml into html/xhtml and in latter years we have tried to make this as flexible as possible by using largely a CSS directed graphical representation instead of hard coding anything into the resultant html.

So, the questions I need answering are

1) should this always be visible in both versions ? Or should it get toggled as a text option like so many other options?

2) inline or stacked ? Stacked means like strongs etc .

I guess the closest equivalent to it in existing code is the Ruby annotation we have in Japanese. That gives a reading in Japanese syllabary writing to otherwise possibly difficult to pronounce Chinese script signs. Look at our Japanese Bibles to see what I mean.

Peter

Sent from my phone. Please forgive misspellings and weird “corrections”