[sword-devel] Qetiv/Kere in output ?

pierre amadio amadio.pierre at gmail.com
Fri May 6 07:25:34 EDT 2022

Hi there.

The main point would be to at least have the information somewhere in
the html/osis output. I do not know what should be the best format.
Right now, the information is present in the original osis format in a
note node located just next to the word it is associated to (I would
have think having the note node included within the <w> node it refers
to instead of next to may be more practical), but not present in any
xml/html output.

It guess the data could be organised as  what is done for the japanese
furigana system indeed.

It should be up to the frontend to choose how to display the
information. For japanese furigana, usually the kana (こ/kere) are
written on top of the kanji (子/qetiv), sometimes next to it in
parenthesis. For the hebrew bible the BHS write the qere in the
margin:
https://twitter.com/lettlander/status/1178929180974735365

An other way I saw consist in including the the kere in [brackets]
next to what is written.