[sword-devel] OEB information about update?

Fr Cyrille fr.cyrille at tiberiade.be
Wed Jul 27 13:33:53 EDT 2022

Le 27/07/2022 à 16:52, Matěj Cepl a écrit :
> On 2022-07-27, 14:28 GMT, David Haslam wrote:
>> engoebcweb
>> engoebuseb
>>
>> We probably don’t need to also host the OEB in the CrossWire repo.
> ??? But we have OEB in the Sword:
>
> https://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/ModInfo.jsp?modName=OEB
> https://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/ModInfo.jsp?modName=OEBcth
>
> So, either we should remove it from our repositories or update
> it, because it shamefully old (considering continuously
> developing nature of OEB).
>
> And there are some people amongst us, who don’t held Ebible.org
> repositories in too high regard, because we suspect that they are
> playing rather fast and loose with copyright laws. So, I usually
> don’t use their Bibles at all, if I don’t have to (and so far, I
> don’t).
We have many duplicate modules. Personally I also find it
counterproductive, and if I had my way I would remove everything present
on ebible from Crosswire, as we know the copyright of those are sure.
The first reason is that ebible modules are extremely well maintained.
So I'm in favor of removing those modules.