[sword-devel] OEB information about update?

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Wed Jul 27 10:52:52 EDT 2022

On 2022-07-27, 14:28 GMT, David Haslam wrote:
> engoebcweb
> engoebuseb
>
> We probably don’t need to also host the OEB in the CrossWire repo.

??? But we have OEB in the Sword:

https://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/ModInfo.jsp?modName=OEB
https://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/ModInfo.jsp?modName=OEBcth

So, either we should remove it from our repositories or update
it, because it shamefully old (considering continuously
developing nature of OEB).

And there are some people amongst us, who don’t held Ebible.org
repositories in too high regard, because we suspect that they are
playing rather fast and loose with copyright laws. So, I usually
don’t use their Bibles at all, if I don’t have to (and so far, I
don’t).

Best,

Matěj
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember
that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you.
Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a
reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
    -- IBM maintenance manual, 1925