[sword-devel] How to fix book names in Ukrainian/Russian

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Thu Apr 29 17:13:06 EDT 2021

Dear Evgen,

I've run your patch through our validation and get the errors listed
below.  The first line is the command I used to test the locale, if you
have SWORD build and would like to run this test yourself.  The
'parsekey' command is located in a build of SWORD source at
sword/tests/parsekey.  It tests installed locales, so you'll need to
place your edits in your systemwide locale folder, or else make a
mini-sword install which looks like:

myTextArea/mods.d/

myTestArea/locales.d/

myTestArea/locales.d/ru-utf8.conf

and then make myTestArea your current working folder (cd myTestArea) and
then run parsekey from that folder.  SWORD prioritized any data
installation it finds in the current working folder over the systemwide
install.  I hope this helps you tests your changes, and if you do not
feel comfortable compiling SWORD from source to tests, you are welcome
to simply fix the error described below and resubmit your patch and I
will let you know if there are any validation errors.

The errors below are basically caused from some value being returned
which cannot be parsed because it doesn't have an entry which can be
matched fully or partially in the Book Abbrevs section.

Thank you again for your submission!

Troy

[scribe at charisLaptop tests]$ ./parsekey jn.1.1 ru_RU
VerseKey::Book: Матфея does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry!
book number returned was: -1, should be 39. Required entry to add to locale:
МАТФЕЯ=Matt

VerseKey::Book: Марка does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry!
book number returned was: -1, should be 40. Required entry to add to locale:
МАРКА=Mark

VerseKey::Book: Луки does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry!
book number returned was: -1, should be 41. Required entry to add to locale:
ЛУКИ=Luke

VerseKey::Book: Иоанна does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry!
book number returned was: -1, should be 42. Required entry to add to locale:
ИОАННА=John

VerseKey::Book: Римлянам does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry!
book number returned was: -1, should be 44. Required entry to add to locale:
РИМЛЯНАМ=Rom

VerseKey::Book: Галатам does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry!
book number returned was: -1, should be 47. Required entry to add to locale:
ГАЛАТАМ=Gal

VerseKey::Book: Ефесянам does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry!
book number returned was: -1, should be 48. Required entry to add to locale:
ЕФЕСЯНАМ=Eph

VerseKey::Book: Филиппийцам does not have a matching toupper abbrevs
entry! book number returned was: -1, should be 49. Required entry to add
to locale:
ФИЛИППИЙЦАМ=Phil

VerseKey::Book: Колоссянам does not have a matching toupper abbrevs
entry! book number returned was: -1, should be 50. Required entry to add
to locale:
КОЛОССЯНАМ=Col

VerseKey::Book: Титу does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry!
book number returned was: -1, should be 55. Required entry to add to locale:
ТИТУ=Titus

VerseKey::Book: Филимону does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry!
book number returned was: -1, should be 56. Required entry to add to locale:
ФИЛИМОНУ=Phlm

VerseKey::Book: Евреям does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry!
book number returned was: -1, should be 57. Required entry to add to locale:
ЕВРЕЯМ=Heb