[sword-devel] How to fix book names in Ukrainian/Russian

Evgen Kucherov zhuke at ukr.net
Fri Apr 30 20:47:14 EDT 2021

Hi Troy,

I've tried to build the SWORD on Ubuntu 20.04, but I don't have much
experience with C projects. Here is where I got stumbled:

zh:~/workspace/sword$ ./autogen.sh
*** Sword build system generation
*** Recreating libtool
libtoolize
./autogen.sh: 8: libtoolize: not found
*** Recreating aclocal.m4
aclocal
./autogen.sh: 13: aclocal: not found
*** Recreating configure
./autogen.sh: 18: autoheader: not found
./autogen.sh: 19: autoconf: not found
*** Recreating the Makefile.in files
./autogen.sh: 23: automake: not found

zh:~/workspace/sword$ ./usrinst.sh
./usrinst.sh: 74: ./configure: not found

Configured to NOT write a global /etc/sword.conf on 'make install'.
If this is the first time you've installed sword, be sure to run
'make install_config' if you would like a basic configuration installed

Next you might try something like:

make
sudo make install
# (and optionally)
sudo make install_config
make register

Are there any dependencies I have to install before running autogen.sh?

Meanwhile I think I've fixed those errors. Can you check and let me know
if there are any other errors. Files ru-utf8.conf and ru_RU-utf8.conf
are similar.

Thank you for following up.

/sincerely,/
/Evgen Kucherov/