[sword-devel] How to fix book names in Ukrainian/Russian

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Tue Apr 27 22:48:08 EDT 2021

Dear Evgen,

Thank you so much for your willingness to share together in work.  Your
patch is perfectly submitted.  I've reviewed it and at first glance, I
see that you've changed:

-Song of Solomon=Песня Песней
+Song of Solomon=Песнь Песней

But in the parsing section [Book Abbrevs], you still have:

ПЕСНЯ ПЕСНЕЙ=Song

This is likely to cause trouble.  All references need to successfully
parse "round-trip", so if we return Песнь Песней for the book of Song of
Solomon, then we need to be able to parse this as a book name, but there
is no appropriate entry:

ПЕСНЬ ПЕСНЕЙ=Song

There can be as many entries as a user might type to match the book
name, so you can either add the new entry, in case ПЕСНЯ is still valid,
but if it was simply a typo, then you can modify the existing entry.
These also accommodate partial matches, e.g., if the user types ПЕС then
there are a number of entries already in that file which will match and
work which all point to Song.

I hope this helps explain the sections a bit better.  I didn't review
every change.  Could you update the Song entry either way you would like
and consider any other changes you might need to make.

Thank you again!

Troy