[sword-devel] Roman number converter

David Haslam dfhdfh at protonmail.com
Sun Sep 20 13:12:13 EDT 2020

Aside:

Given that Roman numerals used for chapter numbers never exceed 150 and verse numbers never exceed 176, it suffices to use a lookup table for the required replacements in a Biblical source text.

That’s the approach I have used successfully when faced with this task. As usual for me, it was implemented using DataMystic TextPipe Standard on my Windows PC.

The method requires a whole word search with a restriction to the relevant context pattern for the vernacular scripture references.

Regards,

David

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile