[sword-devel] Not user-friendly behavior in commentaries (should be continuous)

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Sat May 30 12:18:37 EDT 2020

On 5/30/20 11:45 AM, yvand wrote:
> I think Karl already talked about this feature in the past. But maybe
> I am wrong, I did not find the conversation.

Xiphos has a feature, "commentary by chapter," so that whole commentary
chapters are displayed along with whole Bible chapters, and then the
verse is tracked visually in the commentary pane, but in a different
manner from the Bible pane (i.e. current verse always aligned to top,
plus a preceding horizontal rule).  It's a UI issue IMO, not an engine
issue.  If you explicitly list the verse range covered in your markup,
then I imagine you might get the effect you want in other UIs.

Up to this time, Xiphos' commentary by chapter has not been default, and
I wonder if I should make it so in the future.