[sword-devel] Not user-friendly behavior in commentaries (should be continuous)

Fr Cyrille fr.cyrille at tiberiade.be
Sat May 30 12:07:53 EDT 2020

Le 30/05/2020 à 17:45, yvand a écrit :
> Hello all,
>
> I am the maintainer of the French module FreCJE. I think there is a
> not user-friendly behavior with commentaries (in sword engine or in
> frontends I don't know).
>
> For instance, this module includes a commentary for Psalm 23. It is
> not split by verses (ie verse by verse commentary), but for the whole
> chapter. As a consequence, if you use frontends (like Andbible or
> BibleTime at least), the commentary will ONLY be shown when you are at
> Ps.23.1!
>
> However it is declared in OSIS to match the whole Psalm
> (osisRef=Ps.23)! I think this is not a normal behavior. The commentary
> should be shown where you are at verse 2, 3 or more! (and also at
> verse 0 I think but this is secondary)
Just change the entry in the osis file like this (an example of a
personal module): <verse sID="Job.6.15-30" osisID="Job.6.15 Job.6.16
Job.6.17 Job.6.18 Job.6.19 Job.6.20 Job.6.21 Job.6.22 Job.6.23 Job.6.24
Job.6.25 Job.6.26 Job.6.27 Job.6.28 Job.6.29 Job.6.30" n="15-30"
/>Blabla bla bla...
<verse eID="Job.6.15-30" />