[sword-devel] Not user-friendly behavior in commentaries (should be continuous)

yvand yvand.sword at gmail.com
Sat May 30 11:45:43 EDT 2020

Hello all,

I am the maintainer of the French module FreCJE. I think there is a not
user-friendly behavior with commentaries (in sword engine or in
frontends I don't know).

For instance, this module includes a commentary for Psalm 23. It is not
split by verses (ie verse by verse commentary), but for the whole
chapter. As a consequence, if you use frontends (like Andbible or
BibleTime at least), the commentary will ONLY be shown when you are at
Ps.23.1!

However it is declared in OSIS to match the whole Psalm (osisRef=Ps.23)!
I think this is not a normal behavior. The commentary should be shown
where you are at verse 2, 3 or more! (and also at verse 0 I think but
this is secondary)

I think Karl already talked about this feature in the past. But maybe I
am wrong, I did not find the conversation.

What do you think? Is this a sword engine limitation or frontend issue?

Blessings,

--yvand