[sword-devel] Win32 FileMgr Subclass

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 13:18:52 EDT 2020

Sorry for the previous blank email - user error when I tried to reply:

On Sun, Jul 19, 2020 at 2:40 PM Tobias Klein <contact at tklein.info> wrote:

> Thanks for giving me the background on this, Karl! I appreciate it!
>
> Is Xiphos the only frontend that has been patching Sword for this purpose?
> Then I suppose all other frontends suffer from this issue, huh?

When I first encountered this patch in Xiphos I tested with BibleTime and
The Sword Project for Windows and both of them do crash under these
circumstances.

Yes, other toolkits such as Qt do have wrappers for this shortcoming
already, but none of the other front ends I've worked with have bothered to
put in the effort to produce a patched version of Sword to fix the crash.

--Greg