[sword-devel] Wiki

David Haslam dfhdfh at protonmail.com
Mon Jul 13 07:09:21 EDT 2020

Hi Eric,

Although I do use imp2vs myself for module test builds, etc.
it’s no longer a method that the modules team accepts for module submissions.
And yes - I appreciate that this is not the context for your current project,

IMHO, you’d be better off converting your IMP file to OSIS by means of imp2osis.pl
then using osis2mod to build the module.

imp2vs does not have a mechanism to append the text of a verse
that’s outside the chapter’s v11n to the last verse in the same chapter.
It merely places it in the next slot (as it were), irrespective of whether that slot is “empty” or not.
This explains your observation about Jude 0:0

I’m currently working with Jon & Cyrille on a different text source that has (e.g) 4 extra verses in one chapter of Exodus.
The text of these 4 verses get badly misplaced by imp2vs. The proper solution was as I indicated above.

NB. The .conf key Versification has no effect during module build. Only during module read.

Best regards,

David

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile