[sword-devel] Wiki

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 04:27:43 EDT 2020

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 10:12 PM Eric Gillespie <brickviking at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi there. I'm new to the mailing list, but I've been using SWORD and its
> related frontends for a while now. I wanted to make an amendment to a wiki
> page but I got a 500 when I attempted to create an account. Could someone
> get to this over the next couple of weeks?

I have no control over that. I think you can't create an account, though,
due to lots of spam going. I think someone is going to need to create one
for you? I don't know, I don't follow wikis very much.

> Now onto the amendments I wanted to make for the following page:
> https://wiki.crosswire.org/Tutorial:Compiling_%26_Installing_SWORD
> The Fedora section lists out-of-date instructions dating back to Fedora
> 10/11, and yum was superceded by dnf back in Fedora 22, nearly five years
> ago. If someone could update the Fedora instructions to a more modern state
> (post F22) to use dnf instead of yum, that would make the changes that are
> needed.

If you're looking for directions yourself (and not just upgrading for the
sake of others), I can point you to my official spec used to build the
packages in dnf -
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/sword/blob/master/f/sword.spec. I would
also ask what's insufficient in the package that you need to build one for
yourself?

--Greg