[sword-devel] Translators Needed, Any Language

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Tue Jun 11 23:30:12 EDT 2019

Dear Fr. Cyrille,

Thank you for the Italian locale!  Do you also have the accompanying
Bible book abbreviation section?

http://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/locales.d/fr-utf8.conf
(PLEASE NOTE: in this last file, only the [Pref Abbrevs] section for
Bible book abbreviations is needed.  Please do not spend time
translating this entire file.  We have this file already translated for
most languages, only the [Pref Abbrevs] section is new, which adds the
preferred Bible book abbreviations to each language.  This is the only
section we need)

On 6/11/19 1:37 AM, Cyrille wrote:
> Hello Troy,
> New it locale, and minor correction in the fr locale. I couldn't find
> the abbr.conf for the french, please modify just one issue, the 2 Macc
> abbreviation is not right, change the current to 2 Mac
> I would like to know too, where are installed the module? I search on
> my Android 4.4 and I couldn't found it.
> For me manual installation is very important. Maybe an option to use
> zip installation is very important.
>

> Il 11/06/2019 10:08, David Haslam ha scritto:
>> Dear Troy,
>>
>> It may well be the case that there are translators that some of us
>> have contact with but who are not subscribed to this list.
>> This is likely to be so for those of us whose main focus is on text
>> development with a view to module creation as one of the ultimate goals.
>> A lot of the detailed work involved in such activities is done “off
>> grid” (as it were) through direct personal email correspondence.
>>
>> For example, I could ask if Brent Riggs would be willing to translate
>> these text items into Polish.
>> He’s our main contact for the module PolUgdanska.
>>
>> I’m sure similar examples could be multiplied.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> David
>>
>> Sent from ProtonMail Mobile
>>

>> On Sun, Jun 9, 2019 at 21:32, Troy A. Griffitts <scribe at crosswire.org
>> <mailto:scribe at crosswire.org>> wrote:
>>> We're wrapping up a new release of an app now internationalized.
>>> Officially we now have support for:
>>>
>>> French
>>> German
>>> Spanish