[sword-devel] Deep Linking to Strongs on The Bible Tool

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Aug 10 17:05:17 MST 2019

Hey Don!  Great to hear from you.

Know that your work on the HTML / CSS on SWORDWeb has been used in many
other apps I've worked on which use HTML as their display technology
(including the newly release Bishop for iOS and Android).  Thank you!

So, regarding your request for fetching lexical data from SWORDWeb for
display on your Apostles' Creed study site, sure, you can do that with a
call to, e.g.,

https://crosswire.org/study/fetchdata.jsp?mod=ls&key=1111

or

https://crosswire.org/study/fetchdata.jsp?mod=StrongsGreek&key=1111

I usually try the 'ls' mod first and if the result is < 50 characters, I
default to StrongsGreek

SWORDWeb shows them both on word click, I think.

Hope this helps.  Welcome back!

Troy