[sword-devel] A new alternate versification?

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Fri Nov 23 02:32:52 MST 2018

On Fri, 2018-11-23 at 10:07 +0200, Tuomas Airaksinen wrote:

> If you would like to get changes to JSword, you could make a pull
> request towards JSword: https://github.com/crosswire/jsword

These kind of things run in unison on libsword and jsword. Neither side
would accept a new versification without consensus that a new one is
needed.

So, you need to bring evidence to the table. I have followed the thread
and find it very confusing as so many contributions (e.g. use of -z
flag) seem to only indicate a misunderstanding of some of our tools
rather than a more substantial problem.

We would accept a new versification

1) If there is substantial need for a new v11n for
	- a single historical hugely important text
	- a group of texts following e.g. a particular translation
tradition (Like SYnodalProt for IBT texts, NRSV for UBS 		and
Wycliffe.

2) the data provided will allow a quality v11n.

"need" is vaguely defined as  more than ~ 100 verses out of place or
substantial other problems. 100 verses amount to 0.3% are and unlikely
to cause significant upset to any user. In general I find that there
are either only a few or many hundreds out of line.

---

To move this discussion on please provide the reasons for the perceived
need.

Also, in order to help to find those reasons - can you link to the OSIS
file rather than your modue?

Many thanks

Peter