[sword-devel] A new alternate versification?

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Thu Nov 22 04:29:25 MST 2018

On 2018-11-22, 09:20 GMT, Tuomas Airaksinen wrote:
> I have created two finnish modules (FinRK and FinSTLK2017) by
> choosing "best fit" and doing then some manual
> (or sometimes scripted) changes such that it matches with that
> versification of my choice (here: German, which is
> same as Luther, but without apogrypha). It was causing some
> complaining by copyright holders, though, as my
> modules don't match 100% with their printed bibles.

I don't this is doable (even if I was willing to change the
text, which I am not), because the difference from Luther is
quite large. When running osis2mod against the current text
I get
https://mcepl.fedorapeople.org/tmp/make-CzeB21-osis2mod-log.txt
osis2mod just isn't getting texts of Apocryphes at all, in my
opinion.

On the other hand, it seems to me, that this organization of
text (non-canonical text is separated into strictly distinct
semi-book, e.g. Additions to Esther) is used quite often for
Protestant editions of the Apocrypha, so it could be used as
a foundation of other future Protestant Apocrypha.

Any hints how to create new av11n?

Best,

Matěj
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

This is a test of the emergency signature system. Were this an
actual signature, you would see amusing mottos, disclaimers,
a zillion net addresses, or edifying philosophical statements.
this is only test.