[sword-devel] Running confmaker.pl

Peter Von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Fri Jun 22 05:06:53 MST 2018

>> On 21 June 2018 at 20:04, Tom Sullivan <info at beforgiven.info[mailto:info at beforgiven.info]> wrote:

>>The wiki page should have given the URI. It took me a long time to find it at
>> https://crosswire.org/svn/sword-tools/trunk/modules/conf/

Thanks, I fixed this.

>>When I gave confmaker.pl[http://confmaker.pl] an X permission and ran it [..]

>Von: "pierre amadio" <amadio.pierre at gmail.com>
> Perl is telling you that it cannot find one module (perl library) the script needs, in this case, the Sword module:

Indeed. You need the Perl Bindings installed - and if your distribution does not package them then either you compile it yourself or you skip that step, risking that your module conf file will have superfluous OptionFilters enabled.

>> I did see in the code comments that it appears to take a single parameter: The OSIS file. Is this correct?

No, there are more options, but once you got it running, simply run it wiut parametres and iwill give you a complete usage message.

Peter