[sword-devel] Versifications

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Tue Jan 9 06:21:53 MST 2018

On 2018-01-03, 16:50 GMT, Peter Von Kaehne wrote:
> When Troy discussed the recent new catholic versifications
> I advised him not to accept these into the current release
> unless someone else considers them as a) needed and b)
> correctly done. When Domcox put his 3 French versifications in
> there had been a long accepted need for just these which
> preceeded Chris' leaving, so it was a lot easier to simply
> agree to put them in. But this is now missing. from now on for
> all new currently discussed versifications and potential other
> ones.

To my surprise CzeB21 sources provided to me by Peter contain
deuterocanonical/apocryphal books (yay, we would have Czech
Bible with these!), but av11n using sword 1.8.1 is completely
confused (see log on
https://mcepl.fedorapeople.org/tmp/CzeB21-av11n.log).

How can I check against those other Catholic v11ns? Or do I have
to develop yet another one? Seems wrong. Generally Czech Bibles
seem to be close enough to German v11n, that I use it in other
Cze* bibles, but of course it doesn’t have deuterocanonical
books.

Blessings,

Matěj
--
http://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl<at>ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto
non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry “I could have thought of
that” is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that
they didn’t, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too.
  -- Douglas Adams, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency