[sword-devel] Versifications

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Thu Jan 4 07:47:23 MST 2018

On 2018-01-04, 09:08 GMT, Cyrille wrote:
> Afterwards, I would like to add my point of view regarding
> Catholic modules. I deplore the lack of initiative on the part
> of Catholics (I am, so I do not accuse anyone from outside),
> the obstinacy to keep the rights and the refusal to freely
> spread the Word of God. For example I have 5 private Catholic
> modules that I can not share.

Unfortunately, the problem is not only on the side of Catholics.
I am a Protestant but Czech so I see clearly need for Catholic
Bibles (i.e., including apocryphal/deuterocanonical books). When
I suggested it earlier, I got *some* (not all) rather harsh
(https://www.mail-archive.com/sword-devel@crosswire.org/msg27385.html).
I believe that the situation has improved since then, but just
to say that the support for the deuterocanonical books is
surprisingly recent.

Matěj
--
http://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl<at>ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

According to the Franciscan priest Richard Rohr, spirituality is
not for people who are trying to avoid hell; it is for people
who have been through hell. In many ways, spirituality is about
what we do with our pain. And the truth is, if we don't
transform it, we will transmit it.
    -- Al Gustafson