[sword-devel] ICU 61.1

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 12:54:18 MST 2018

There have been several people reporting that SWORD is not compatible with
ICU4C 61.1 as it's begun to make its way into various distribution
repositories. Fedora Rawhide (continuous rolling "broken" release) has just
taken that plunge today and now I'm getting the same build failures.

Troy - have you put any effort into a patch for this? Is shipping with ICU
enabled for SWORD worth the effort or can I disable that? I haven't had a
chance to look under the covers and see what the code really is that's
going on, so I don't know how easy or hard it will be to work up a patch.

--Greg