[sword-devel] Soft hyphens

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 31 13:53:01 MST 2017

The problem with invisible characters is that you can all too easily key more
than one without realising it.

This is the case with soft hyphens, which may be found in a few source
texts.

For example, in a text development currenly under my horizon, there are not
only a large number of soft hyphens, but a significant quantity of multiple
soft hyphens, the longest group having 8 of them.

What does osis2mod do with soft hyphens?

How does SWORD treat soft hyphens, particularly during search?

Should we replace multiple soft hyphens by a single sogt hyphen?

Should we even consider stripping the text of soft hyphens (as a command
line option for osis2mod)?

Best regards,

David

--