[sword-devel] Soft hyphens

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Tue Oct 31 16:28:21 MST 2017

On Tue, 2017-10-31 at 13:53 -0700, David Haslam wrote:

> How does SWORD treat soft hyphens, particularly during search?

Try it out. Create a non-compressed module with some deliberately
splashed about soft hyphens or other things you want to test. And then
search for the words. with or without adding hyphens into your search
text.

> Should we replace multiple soft hyphens by a single sogt hyphen?

If they interfere - depending on your test - I would strongly vote for
complete removal. But even if not, correcting of obvious typos together
with sending upstream is appropriate, I would think

Peter