[sword-devel] lack of apocrypha localization

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 16 01:59:41 MST 2017

>Same remark as above, do you have an example?

The Vulgate has these names for OT books 9-14:
Regum I
Regum II
Regum III
Regum IV
Paralipomenon I
Paralipomenon II

Translations from the Vulgate have likewise:
1er livre des Rois
2ème livre des Rois
3ème  livre des Rois
4ème livre des Rois
1 Paralipomènes
2 Paralipomènes

These correspond to the familiar names:
1 Samuel
2 Samuel
1 Kings
2 Kings
1 Chronicles
2 Chronicles

Or in French:
1er livre de Samuel
2ème livre de Samuel
1er livre des Rois
2ème livre des Rois
1 Chroniques
2 Chroniques

I trust this clarifies the difficulty I was reporting.

If the number of xrefs in such a module is almost negligible,
then the module developer can check each to ensure the correct osisRef is
made.
However, if there a large number of xrefs, this task would become
unmanageable.

And returning to the main concern, the Perl script 'xreffix.pl' described in
https://crosswire.org/wiki/Converting_SFM_Bibles_to_OSIS#Cross-references
would not be able to rightly determine that a reference to '1 Rois 13:12'
should be converted to osisRef="1Sam.13.12".

See https://crosswire.org/wiki/OSIS_Bibles#Marking_cross-references_notes
for the syntax required.

Best regards,

David