[sword-devel] Soft hyphens

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 3 04:37:16 MST 2017

I had similar thoughts as Michael outlined.

This morning, I compiled an Excel workbook tabulating the Lingala words
found to contain a soft hyphen.

It has been attached to the issue in the GitLab repo.

https://gitlab.com/lafricain79/LinVB/issues/10

And - yes - it's not only incomplete as a dictionary, but it's also further
evidence of inconsistency.
The use of soft hyphens was entirely an ad hoc operation done to address
contingencies.

As a CrossWire volunteer, I don't consider this sort of activity to be
outside our purview.
We're here to assist other Bible Agencies too, just as we say in our
website.
Or, if you like, we can count it as "going the extra mile".

And I'm sure that Fr Cyrille appreciates the spirit in which this service is
provided.

Best regards,

David

--