[sword-devel] Soft hyphens

Michael H cmahte at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 15:17:55 MST 2017

If you have a list of words with valid hyphenation points, it is very
valuable to someone someday that list is documented as a spelling
dictionary, even if it is incomplete and known to be. Finding valid
hyphenation points is the biggest chunk of time in preparing for
publication. and in many African languages, the average word length makes
this nearly essential to publish in hardcopy.

I know this is outside of Sword's or Crosswire's pervue, but if you are
returning upstream a Bible text with soft hyphens stripped, providing them
a separate wordlist containing hyphenation points will eventually be
invaluable to them. (Unless the language is well document and has a
complete open source hyphenation database available.)