[sword-devel] Soft hyphens

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 2 15:04:12 MST 2017

Since my 9:26pm reply, I've been a busy bee, and generated a counted list of
the Lingala words that contain a soft hyphen.

i.e. After I removed the multiple and "useless" occurrences.

There are 4584 such words, though one escapee has just "ambushed" me.

001	­Israel

This one begins with a soft hyphen, so how did it escape the systematic cull
?
(I suppose being a "prince with God" does help ....)

It's in Ezekiel 35:12 which reads:

\v 12 Bongo okoyeba ’te ngai Yawe nayoki mafinga manso olobaki ona ngomba ya
­Israel : « Ngomba ikomi mipotu, to­zwi yango mpo tosilisa yango. »

That particular soft hyphen is preceded by a space, so I'm puzzled as to why
this "useless" one got left behind.

Curioser and curioser....

The next step may prove to be even more fascinating.

David

--
Sent from: http://sword-dev.350566.n4.nabble.com/