[sword-devel] Soft hyphens

Cyrille lafricain79 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 07:39:11 MST 2017

It becomes a bit difficult for me to follow this post with all these
technical terms in another language :-) :-( But what I can tell you is
that I am very interested in a hyphenation dictionary. I have already
created a spelling dictionary for kikongo
<https://gitlab.com/lafricain79/kituba-dic>, and have created an
extension for libreoffice
<https://extensions.libreoffice.org/extensions/kituba-kikongo-ya-leta-dictionary>
and a hunspell dictionary for Linux. This now allows us to enable spell
checking in kikongo/kituba. This is all the more interesting as Verbum
Bible is translating the Old Testament and the Roman Missal. My
intention is the same for lingala, once finished the module I will
create a dictionary. Moreover for the lingala case the hunspell .aff
file already exists!
Now for the hyphenation dictionary, I read about it and it seemed like a
tedious operation, so if you have a solution to offer me to take
advantage of already existing hyphenation words it would be great.
I open an issue about this on gitlab
<https://gitlab.com/lafricain79/LinVB/issues/11>.

Br Cyrille