[sword-devel] New Modules: Puritans, Reformed writers and ESVS

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Tue May 16 01:45:44 MST 2017

Hi Peter,

Is there any substantial difference between the new ESVS module and the one
available from Tyndale House for STEP Bible?  Is the new ESVS module made to
the 2011 edition from Crossway books?

Although they don't have a proper repository set up (for use by other
front-ends), it's already possible to download this module and install
manually it in [say] Xiphos.

See bottom left in https://www.stepbible.org/downloads.jsp

The Tyndale House edition with Strongs (ESV-THE badly named, should be
ESV_THE) is to the 2011 edition. (This issue has been reported to STEP
team).

cf. Our own ESV module was made to the 2001 edition of Crossway.

I rather think that we should rename the earlier ESV module as ESV2001.

Then to be consistent, maybe the new module should be called ESV2011, with
Strongs mentioned in the Desription?

btw. Does Crossway mind if we continue to distribute the 2001 text now that
the 2011 text has been made available?

Aside. There is now an even more recent edition of the ESV published by
Crossway, but even Tyndale House has not yet been granted a digital copy.

Best regards,

David