[sword-devel] Bible Markup

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 29 14:14:47 MST 2017

Hi David,

I can't comment on these lemma requirements due to lack of detailed
background knowledge, but it looks as though you're moving in the right
direction.

I am fairly sure that you only need to use <seg>...</seg> within those words
that have actual division slashes.

When you have a module ostensibly ready for submission, please note that the
changed requirements in our wiki page are that the OSIS XML file should be
submitted along with the proposed .conf file.

i.e. Not just the built module itself.

https://crosswire.org/wiki/DevTools:Modules#Submit_the_Module_to_CrossWire_for_Distribution

After Chris left us in 2014, Peter has of necessity had to semi-automate
some aspects of releasing or updating a module. That's the background to the
changed requirement.

The procedure does cause some further edits to the .conf file, so these must
be adequately audited to ensure that no errors are introduced.

The submission route is unchanged. Email to modules #at# crosswire.org
Naturally, we'd expect the XML file should be inside a Zip file.

Please make very clear the requirement that osis2mod should be done with the
-N option to disable normalization to NFC, otherwise this might easily be
missed.

This is very important for Biblical Hebrew in particular.
Writing this here is primarily for the benefit of others in the mailing
list.

If you'd like me to test the module before it's submitted, I'd be happy to
become involved, if you think this will save time for Peter. You already
have my contact details.

Best regards,

David