[sword-devel] Linux Module Development

mattzab mattzab at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 21:53:19 MST 2017

Hello,

I do not own any windows machines, only OSX and a Chromebook. I primarily
use the Chromebook.

For module development I've been using remote access to use a windows
machine and borrowing someone's windows laptop.
I do have a live, persistent, linux USB that I am trying to use for module
development. I installed Xiphos, and libsword-utils, but can't find where
any of them are or how to use them.

I also couldn't find any documentation on Crosswire or Xiphos for doing this
either. I tried using WINE but it wasn't working well at all. (Having
trouble running the .exe files through the cmd emulator)

Is there an easy way to build modules from within the Linux environment? I'm
running Mint 17.

Blessings,
Matt