[sword-devel] Code example for Psalm headings

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 13 05:24:33 MST 2017

Correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIK, in diatheke the only way to include the
canonical Psalm descriptions
in the output is by using the CL option *-o* with the filter *h* for section
headings.

It's a pity that the way that OSIS encodes these is as a title element, with
the distinction vis-a-vis other section headings being the attributes, i.e.

<title type="psalm" canonical="true"> ... </title>

If a translation also contains non-canonical section headings (e.g. the
italicised headings in the NIV that are not intended for oral reading), and
these are also present in the Psalms, the drawback is that with this filter,
you'll get those as well as the translated Hebrew Psalm descriptions.

IMHO, SWORD and related utilities could really do with a new filter that
only allows Psalm titles.

Is that not too much to ask as an enhancement.

Best regards,

David