[sword-devel] Code example for Psalm headings
sterling at hanenkamp.com
Fri Jan 13 21:07:39 MST 2017
My experience is that diatheke is very reluctant to show headings of
any kind even with -o h. When I have gotten it to display headings it
only displayed the translator's added headings, not the canonical ones
that were taken from the translated texts.
I updated my version of sword in the last couple days and I can't get
diatheke to display any heading at the moment for whatever reason.
Similarly, my own script is able to display headings, but (at least
for the ESV), none of the standard filters seem to display the Psalm
headings I want (unless I output raw).
On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 04:24:33AM -0800, David Haslam wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIK, in diatheke the only way to include the
> canonical Psalm descriptions
> in the output is by using the CL option *-o* with the filter *h* for section
> It's a pity that the way that OSIS encodes these is as a title element, with
> the distinction vis-a-vis other section headings being the attributes, i.e.
> <title type="psalm" canonical="true"> ... </title>
> If a translation also contains non-canonical section headings (e.g. the
> italicised headings in the NIV that are not intended for oral reading), and
> these are also present in the Psalms, the drawback is that with this filter,
> you'll get those as well as the translated Hebrew Psalm descriptions.
> IMHO, SWORD and related utilities could really do with a new filter that
> only allows Psalm titles.
> Is that not too much to ask as an enhancement.
> Best regards,
> View this message in context: http://sword-dev.350566.n4.nabble.com/Code-example-for-Psalm-headings-tp4656627p4656630.html
> Sent from the SWORD Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> sword-devel mailing list: sword-devel at crosswire.org
> Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
More information about the sword-devel