[sword-devel] NASB

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 15:06:59 MST 2017

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 3:59 PM, Matt Zabojnik <mattzab at gmail.com> wrote:

> The reasons are deep and political. Those who need to know them, already
>> know them.
>
> I appreciate your discretion in  your answer. Conversion difficulties was
> what I was primarily concerned with, so this is, in a sense, good news.
>
> The text is under Copyright by Lockman. Distributing the work would not be
>> legally permitted without obtaining their permission.
>
> Thank you. I have permission.

You have permission to distribute an NASB module from Lockman? That's
interesting.

> It's important for our own resources to know whence the upstream work was
>> found.
>
> I see. That being the case, there's no reason I wouldn't be able to
> convert a PD work from Zefania XML for example, or any other format I find
> it in, correct?
>

>From a technical perspective, you can convert from any source you can find
into a module for your own use. And from a technical perspective, it's very
easy to host your own module repository - requiring nothing more than an
accessible HTTP serving software.

As for Zefania, I don't believe you'll get much support or encouragement
from these parts surrounding Zefania.

--Greg