[sword-devel] OSISMorphSegmentation

Tom Sullivan info at beforgiven.info
Fri Dec 29 16:34:27 MST 2017

DM:

There may be a terminology problem here.

Re:
<seg type="x-morph">הַ</seg>
The letter He is used as the definite article and it is prepended to the
word. Example using English, L to R: "The Land" would be He-Eretz.

Hebrew also appends pronounimal suffixes, so perhaps those are segments
as well. The pronounimal suffixes also have meaning on their own.

Highly inflected languages can be a bear for English speakers, so it
would make some sense to parse out the word. I am no Hebrew scholar and
cannot recall all of the exact terminology that should be used.

We could use some help here from someone whose Hebrew is fresh in their
mind. Correct terminology and a bit more explanation on all of these
kind of options would help.

All of us who are programmers should take heed from this issue. One
should not have to decipher code to know about the inputs and outputs.

Tom

Tom Sullivan
info at BeForgiven.INFO
FAX: 815-301-2835
---------------------
Great News!
God created you, owns you and gave you commands to obey.
You have disobeyed God - as your conscience very well attests to you.
God's holiness and justice compel Him to punish you in Hell.
Jesus Christ became Man, was crucified, buried and rose from the dead
as a substitute for all who trust in Him, redeeming them from Hell.
If you repent (turn from your sin) and believe (trust) in Jesus Christ,
you will go to Heaven. Otherwise you will go to Hell.
Warning! Good works are a result, not cause, of saving trust.
More info is at www.esig.beforgiven.info
Do you believe this? Copy this signature into your email program
and use the Internet to spread the Great News every time you email.