[sword-devel] OSISMorphSegmentation

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Fri Dec 29 16:12:09 MST 2017

I have no idea. I can read and write C++, but it’s been over 20 years since I did it on a regular basis. I’m not interested in trying to decipher the code or what Chris L. had in mind. Just glancing at the code it says it pertains to WLC and it has Morph and Segmentation in the name. That’s quite a clue.

The code has a construct I’ve seen wrt to footnotes and strongs numbers, though I don’t what it does or how it is used. (within a verse buf is set to 1 for the first seg and 2 for the next and so on. tagText is the text content of the seg element.)
module->getEntryAttributes()["Morpheme"][buf]["body"] = tagText;
If it parallels footnotes, strongs, … then perhaps it is a numerical superscript that when clicked on brings up the segment. I don’t think that makes sense. Unless someone can make sense of it, I don’t think it’s worthy of documenting in the wiki.

Perhaps the following is a clue. It is the content of Genesis 1:1.

It appears that each w (aka word) is made up of one or more seg (segments). Each segment is marked as x-morph. While I took 7 credits of Biblical Hebrew, I don’t remember a lick of it. I’m guessing that a segment is part of the word that has meaning on its own.

DM