[sword-devel] Japanese Bibles in Beta and some other stuff

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Sun Aug 20 10:01:50 MST 2017

My response on JSword-devel mailing list:
JSword has no support for ruby markup. I haven’t looked at it for years, but from what I remember, it was experimental, using OSIS in a non-standard way. Chris added support for it in the engine as he did for other things that are still not considered as worthy of use. Such as support for additional compression schemes, i.e. bz2 and xz. (I did add support for those and Chris and I tested them.) So, to add ruby, I’ll need to have a clear understanding of the markup, how it is beneficial to an end user and how that abstract usage is appropriate for a Japanese text and reader.

The OSIS Bible markup page in our wiki, https://crosswire.org/wiki/OSIS_Bibles <https://crosswire.org/wiki/OSIS_Bibles>, should be updated if we are going to move it from experimental to supported.

BTW, I fully understand the value in moving 5 Japanese texts from beta to main. I’m not adverse to that forcing the issue.

DM