[sword-devel] Missing verse in AndBible

Kahunapule Michael Johnson Kahunapule at eBible.org
Mon May 23 11:40:19 MST 2016

The World English Bible with Apocrypha/Deuterocanon (engWEB2015eb) uses NRSVA versification. Wisdom 16:29 shouldn't disappear unless the versification doesn't support that chapter. I think you are right in that it is probably a JSword vs. SWORD (C++) issue. Either that, or it is a bug unique to AndBible.

On 05/21/2016 12:26 AM, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> This is just a guess, but I know AndBible uses JSword and Xiphos uses SWORD (C++), so could there be a difference in the versification scheme between SWORD and JSword? What v11n is the module using?
>
> On May 21, 2016 1:35:30 AM GMT+02:00, Kahunapule Michael Johnson <Kahunapule at eBible.org> wrote:
>
>     See below:
>
>     On 05/20/2016 11:11 AM, Matěj Cepl wrote:
>
>         a) Please, do not send HTML-only messages to the list. In Thunderbird go to Account Settings/Composition & Addressing and unclick "Compose messages in HTML format, please", or at least in the Composer window set in Options / Delivery Format / HTML & Plain Text.
>

>     I think I successfully set up delivery to crosswire.org <http://crosswire.org> addresses of both HTML and plain text alternate formats in email. In the year 2016, insisting that only plain text messages be sent to you is not a realistic expectation. All modern email clients send HTML messages by default, and receive them without problems. Enough said.
>
>         b) Concerning Wisdom 16:29, I don't understand it. I thought that AndBible intentionally doesn't support deuterocanonical/apocryphal books (http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.literature.sword.devel/25943). Or did the author of AndBible gave up and it supports non-canonical books as well?
>

>     AndBible displays Deuterocanonical/Apocryphal books. There is a "+" icon to get to them in the book selection screen. I'm not interested in a theological debate about canonicity in this forum, since we serve and are represented by a wide variety of church traditions. My question is why the last verse of Wisdom 16 would be missing in AndBible, but not in other Sword front ends, and what can be done to prevent that and similar omissions.
>

> --

Aloha,
/Kahunapule Michael Johnson/

*MICHAEL JOHNSON