[sword-devel] Help with CzeCEP update (av11n)

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Thu Mar 10 07:12:13 MST 2016

> On Mar 10, 2016, at 8:28 AM, Matěj Cepl <mcepl at cepl.eu> wrote:
>
> On 2016-03-10, 10:45 GMT, Peter von Kaehne wrote:
>> By finding the source and starting from scratch
>
> There is no source, unless you have it. The module is from
> 2003-03-21.
>
> And we are talking here about s/y/i/ in one word.
>
> What is the best decompiler of mod files to see what all
> functionality outside of plain text is used? I believe there is
> none, but I would like to be certain.

If a module has linked verses (e.g. commentaries may have one entry that spans several verses) or verses outside of the versification, then there is no lossless return to module input.

mod2imp drops the linking.

mod2imp does not unwind the appended verses to a bad versification.

osis2mod transforms the input to something that SWORD lib filters and renderers can handle. No tool unwinds these changes.

Still mod2imp may be the best course to create a good input going forward.

But…. stay tuned.

I’m trying to work out something for modules that are old, having no current maintainer, no prior maintainer available for consultation, no available source, no clear source that was used, ... and have a very minor change needed.

In Him,
	DM