[sword-devel] Help with CzeCEP update (av11n)

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Thu Mar 10 07:55:59 MST 2016

On 2016-03-10, 14:12 GMT, DM Smith wrote:
> If a module has linked verses (e.g. commentaries may have one
> entry that spans several verses) or verses outside of the
> versification, then there is no lossless return to module
> input.

I don’t think this is the case (can you take a look for
yourself?). CzeCEP seems to be really simple text-only module.
No footnotes, no cross-references, not nothing.

> I’m trying to work out something for modules that are old,
> having no current maintainer, no prior maintainer available
> for consultation, no available source, no clear source that
> was used, ... and have a very minor change needed.

Well, could you suggest some strategy how to fix the XML (it is
available https://gitlab.com/mcepl/czecep/raw/master/CzeCEP.xml)
so the versification is correct?  Just to go chapter by chapter
and make sure the number of verses in a chapter corresponds to
the printed book?

I would actually like to have a good sources for this module
(and associated pipeline, Makefile, issue tracker, etc.),
because I see a need for further development. This is the most
common Bible in the Czech language (kind of middle-of-the-road,
something like NIV in English) and it is widely used by both
Protestants and Catholics (that "E" stands for "Ecumenical", it
is a joint project by all Christians in the Czech lands). And
the Catholics pester me constantly they would like to have
deuterocanonical/apocryphal books as well.

So, I hope to persuade the Czech Bible Society to make the
publishing rights absolutely clear (currently we are in
negotiating, they don't know what to do themselves yet, because
it was developed so long time ago; on the other hand I have
a strong argument, and they accepted it, that presence of the
module in Sword won’t hurt their sales), and develop this module
into something which would be well working and maintained.

Blessings,

Matěj

https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz

The difference between death and taxes is death doesn't get worse
every time Congress meets
    -- Will Rogers