[sword-devel] OSIS markup best practice: sanity check

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Wed Sep 30 08:44:28 MST 2015

On 2015-09-30, 11:12 GMT, Peter Von Kaehne wrote:
> Couple of points:
>
> 1) The idea to have specific modules or av11ns in the
> reference is not new and is IIRC part of the OSIS
> specification as an option. As an option it makes sense in
> following circumstances:

I haven’t said (and I really didn’t mean to say) that this
couldn’t be *optionally* very useful. I was just confused
whether it is now mandatory. I guess from your answer, it isn’t,
right?

> 2) parser for references - what exactly are you trying to do?
>    We have a few utilities etc which go this way and there is
>    some equipment within the engine.

I have notes with references in free text, e.g.:

    <note type="study" osisRef="Gen.1.1" osisID="Gen.1.1!v1"
    n="v1">Př 8,22—24; Ž 93,2; 102,25—27v; Iz 40,21; Mk 13,19;
    J 1,1—3; He 1,10—12; 1J 1,1; [Jde o počátek vesmíru a člověka;
    nikoli Boha, který přebývá ve věčnosti (Iz 66,1n — tj. mimo prostor
    a čas.]</note>

So, I guess there is no other alternative than just develop
a good ol' regular expression which will be able to find all
those references ('Ž' is 'Žalmy' or 'Psalms' in Czech, 'Př' is
'Proverbs', etc.) and spit out good <reference> elements inside
those <note>s.

Or do you have some tools which can help me? I doubt it, but
certainly I don't resist using any of them. As of now, I am in
the depths of SAX events and all that fun.

Best,

Matěj Cepl

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz

There is no reason to suppose that most human beings are engaged
in maximizing anything unless it be unhappiness, and even this
with incomplete success.
    -- Ronald Coase
       Introduction to “The Firm, the Market, and the Law”