[sword-devel] OSIS markup best practice: sanity check

Peter Von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Wed Sep 30 04:12:05 MST 2015

Hi Matej,

Couple of points:

1) The idea to have specific modules or av11ns in the reference is not new and is IIRC part of the OSIS specification as an option. As an option it makes sense in following circumstances:

a) commentaries, general books and devotionals which try to link to a specific module
b) Bible texts which try to link to a source text module (i.e. Greek/hebrew)

Former would make huge sense in a lot of places (and updates of such moduiles should really incorporate this), latter would need to be done by the actual publisher, unless we deal with a public domain text So, if you try and create a module from a Bible text, I do not see the benefit or necessity - unless (b) applies.

2) parser for references - what exactly are you trying to do? We have a few utilities etc which go this way and there is some equipment within the engine.

Peter