[sword-devel] Coverity Scan

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Mon Feb 16 04:28:53 MST 2015

On 2015-02-16, 08:55 GMT, Peter von Kaehne wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-02-13 at 10:54 +0200, Jaak Ristioja wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> Has the Sword project considered running their code throught the
>> Coverity Scan service (scan.coverity.com)? We just configured
>> BibleTime to run on Travis CI and the Coverity Scan and it found quite
>> a lot of bugs in our code. I suggest it also be run on Sword.
>
> Has it changed much since this blog has been written?
>
> http://blog.josefsson.org/2007/04/02/boycott-scancoveritycom/

OK, nobody has to look at it, but in case somebody is interested
http://mcepl.fedorapeople.org/tmp/sword-1.7.4-2.fc22.tar.xz ...
I am Red Hat and we have company-wide license for Coverity,
which we can use for all Fedora packages when needed.

Usually the amount of false positives on the first run is quite
drastic, but the pain can subside with some amount of healing.

Best,

Matěj